6.15.2009

I layed down yesterday afternoon for a quick nap and was woke to what sounded like cabinets being slammed shut in the kitchen. I ran down stairs and was greeted by burnt egg smell and a kitchen full of a dozen exploded boiled eggs! I completely forgot i left the eggs on the stove! The water had boiled down to nothing and they were laying bare on the bottom of the pot... I guess when they get to hot they explode bc they had "jumped" out and were scattered everywhere! There was literally egg yolk across the kitchen and splattered about the walls, cabinets and fridge! I think I'm losing my marbles! 

7 comments:

Chris, Mom,and Grandma said...

I can only imgaine the smell! I'm glad you woke up and there was no fires!! yucky mess to clean up...

David and Stacey said...

you are not pregnant are you? that is something i would do when I am pregnant...forgetful, which I am. So when are we moving to the east coast to live in gorgeous houses? I think people here think they HAVE to build in stucco, there should be a law against stucco. If I had the money my house would look just like those!!!

Malissa said...

How crazy!! Who knew that's what would happen to eggs! Crazy!

Lauren and George said...

Ahhhh! Scary! That happened to George, in his mouth!! He microwaved his egg to heat it up (he can't eat them cold, weird!) and it bursted in his mouth. He was ok but it burnt some of his mouth.

Kim & Max Willis family said...

so crazy!! you took some great after pics of the egg mess ! hey thank you so much for the photo shoot- i hope you got some decent pics to use for your blog! your the BEST!

Courtney said...

oh my gosh! ha ha

Chris and Heather said...

Ick! I am the queen of forgetting what's on the stove. I killed some eggs once, the smell was awful, but not as bad as the pot of beans I murdered. I think it took 2 weeks to get that smell out!